Monday, January 19, 2015

Keep Calm And Let's Go Back To The 80's

         These past few days, I have been watching 80's movies such as "Pretty in Pink," "Sixteen Candles," "Dirty Dancing," "Can't Buy Me Love," "Girls Just Want to Have Fun," "The Outsiders," "Risky Business," "Big," "Footloose," "Say Anything," "Mannequin," and "The Breakfast Club." You could say that I had a pretty relaxing, long weekend. As I was watching these movies I thought about what life would have been like for me in the 80's -- the fashion, the boys, the parties, and simply the life. I wish my life were an 80's movie. All these movies had one thing in common, which is they all shared this idea of fun and simply living the life and taking chances and believing in what is right or wrong and standing up for it. If I were to throw any party, it would be an 80's party. The party would take place at a lakehouse, because I feel as if that is a suitable environment for the party. The day of, this house would be transformed into this extremely colorful and preppy style kind of home, with pastels, dainty florals, and chintz. The music would consist of artists of that era, such as Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Duran Duran, Prince, Madonna, and of course other top hits. The music will also consist of the decade arrivals, such bands as Mötley Crüe, Hanoi Rocks, Guns N' Roses, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, Poison, Europe, Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax, and virtuoso guitarists such as Joe Satriani and Yngwie Malmsteen. The food will consist of a plentiful amount of pizza rolls, pasta salads, sushi, sloppy joes, a variety of dips, and other 80's favorites. Desert will include jello pudding pops, 80's cookies and cupcakes, and a large cake that is filled with a variety of flavors. There will be side snacks and candies such as fun dip, big league chew, nerds, reese's pieces, pop rocks, and cheese balls. The drinks will be taken care of by a large bar.  The party is open to anyone and everyone, because I wish for people to live outside of their comfort zone on the day of this party. I simply want people to just have fun and enjoy themselves and live life as if it were going to be the last day of their lives. I wish for them to feel free, as if nothing can get in their way and restrict them from letting themselves lose control. I wish for them to let loose and converse and dance with people who share similar problems. I wish for them to forget the world and its corruptive problems for one day and throw caution into the wind and just take risks, because it holds the possibility that something incredible can happen.



2 comments:

  1. While attending your party Gohar, I felt I was in a 1980's time warp. It honestly felt like I actually went back in time. Your careful planning of the theme made for an amazing night. The great food, and the nostalgic music hits made the night very memorable!

    ReplyDelete