Sunday, April 12, 2015

Into the Waters

                The waters are the most refreshing and exhilarating part of nature to me. Deluged in the magical waters  of the ocean or the river or the lake is such an out of body experience for me. Through swimming, I have the capability to clear my mind and rid myself of the many regrets and doubts that hold me back in everyday life. For me the waters symbolize new beginnings, adventures, and escape from the cruel reality that the world has to offer. Whilst in the waters, I experience feelings of worthiness and rejuvenation and happiness and wonder and amazement and freedom. As a child, I feared the waters because of the amount of uncertainty it illustrated, but today I have a much different perspective. I have fallen in love with the waters because of its infinite characteristics that cannot be engrossed through just one experience. This is the reason as to why my "once in a lifetime" experience would be to adventure the waters.
            My favorite activity to do in the waters is snorkeling and that is why my "once in a lifetime" experience is to snorkel in the waters of the Rockhouse, Dean's Blue Hole, Buck Island's Turtle Beach,  Crystal River, Pigeon Cay, Grand Cayman, Hol Chan Marine Reserve, Bimini Islands, Lover's Cove, Papalaua Wayside Park, Palau and etc. I would rather learn how to scuba dive if given the opportunity, as it will allow me to go deeper inside the water. I am aware of the fact that the waters are also quite dangerous as there are venomous plants and fish, but I am willing to take the risk, because as Chris McCandless once stated, "The very basic core of a man's living spirit is his passion for adventure. The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun." I wish to find joy in this "new realm of experience" and find delight in not only the people and materials I surround myself with, but rather in  everything and anything.


No comments:

Post a Comment