Sunday, September 14, 2014

Night and Day: Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream is the Only Way

As I am writing this blog post, I am currently drowning all my sorrows in the famous mint chocolate chip ice cream from the one and only Baskin Robbins. Although, I really wish there were more chocolate chips in here right now. This wonderful dessert is an ice cream flavor composed of mint ice cream with small chocolate chips, hence the name mint chocolate chip ice cream. I honestly do not know why mint chocolate chip is my favorite ice cream or how I even came across it. I just know that I eat it often and have been eating it for as long as I could remember. Right now, this ice cream is acting like a teddy bear. Everyone needs some sense of security and comfort and in this moment I feel as if this ice cream is providing that for me. I feel as if my worries are gone and I keep reliving the feelings of happiness that I always feel like I take advantage of. It is as if this ice cream is telling me that everything is going to be okay... that I am going to be okay. I feel emotionally stable for the time being. I feel safe, protected, hopeful, sad, confused,  happy, all at the same time, but by having this miraculous desert by my side, I feel as if I am finally in control over all that. I guess you can call it my go to ice cream. Every time I place a spoonful of this ice cream in my mouth, I think of how everything will work out eventually and I will achieve what I have been waiting so long for and become the person I  have always longed to be. I feel as if my innocence is still there and my trust is not yet broken and my acceptance to the evil is not yet given and love and compassion are not a form of rarity. Mint chocolate chip ice cream is the only means to achieve a "fairytale" life in the limitless dimensions of a blissful moment.
 

3 comments:

  1. Gohar Lynch, your description of the mint chocolate chip ice cream is making me crave it at this incredibly hot moment (your green font and black background is also doing wonders). I can always count on your writings to be filled with loads of emotion, to make me feel human at times when I am feeling particularly apathetic. I especially enjoyed reading your last two sentences. In addition to your heartfelt text, I appreciate the photographs you provided as they tell endless stories of their own (this is where I promote Brandon and Savannah and their upcoming EP "Introducing the Heirs"). The one to the left holds three elements that are sources of happiness to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Green is clearly your color Gohar. I just happened to compare my personal favorite flavor, pistachio, to mint chocolate chip. I feel as though you prefer the chocolate chips over the mint part of the actual desert. Would you consider eating any food besides ice cream with mint in it? It is always nice to have a "teddy bear" to return to when you are in a time of need. After reading your description about the amount of security and comfort found in mint chocolate chip ice cream, I would seriously consider using this ice cream in the event of a robbery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my dear Gohar, there are not enough words to express the gratitude I feel towards you for bringing this specific flavor of ice cream when we were working on the trebuchet for Robotics. I do not know why, but I used to believe that mint ice cream tasted a bit disgusting, so I never really tried it before... Oh, how wrong I was. Your post does this beautiful flavor complete justice. Wonderfully worded and incredibly profound as always :)

    ReplyDelete